Segway is the manufacturer of self-balancing electric vehicles. Segway is known for her Segway PT that has success in niche markets such as transportation for police departments, military bases, warehouses, corporate campuses and industrial sites. Since 1,5 years the company Segway is in hands of Ninebot, a Chinese company who makes self-balancing electric vehicles for the consumer market who wants to transport themselves from A to B in a fun and efficient way. In 18 years, Segway has grown into a successful multinational and has become an understanding. In June 2016 the new EMEA office for Segway is opened in Amsterdam.
Opening the European headquarter in Amsterdam was a reason to look for a more efficient way to suffice consistent marketing assets to Segway distributors. Without a central location for automated content such as images and other product information, there was a lack of control whilst managing the marketing resources.
“We faced a few issues before we decided to work with the Brandifyer tool:
- There was no central location for all the available materials;
- We don’t have a lot of resources from our office to send out content to all distributors separately;
- We needed an easy way to develop their marketing materials centrally, without the need of a design agency in every country;
- There was no control until we started our office, everyone did their own thing without any brand consistency;
- We needed to make sure that everyone uses the same brand guidelines.”
Enter Brandifyer: a brand portal where Segway’s employees and distributors can store, subtract and edit digital material, making the product information fool proof. By using templates with automated content, the distributors are able to design flyers, posters, spec sheets etc. according to Segway’s corporate identity.
Segway distributors have when needed direct access to automated content. Through Sabern’s InDesign server, they can edit marketing material in online templates. Not only does this controlled audit trail result into a strong and efficient workflow, it also means all marketing communications are consistent internationally, which leads to an enhanced brand image.